Have you ever noticed small red swollen pimples after shaving or waxing? You most likely have ingrown hairs! Ingrown hairs are not only unsightly and uncomfortable but can also be painful when infected… Discover all the tips to get rid of them and prevent their occurrence.
1. How does an ingrown hair appear?
An ingrown hair appears when a hair grows back in the wrong direction and rolls under the skin. This hair is then perceived by the body as a foreign body which triggers an inflammatory reaction and causes the appearance of redness and swelling.
Ingrown hair can become infected and develop into folliculitis. Folliculitis appears when pathogenic bacteria proliferate in the hair follicle and contribute to a local, painful infection accompanied by pus.
2. What factors favor their appearance?
Many factors can promote the appearance of ingrown hairs such as:
- Hair removal or shaving against the direction of hair growth
- The type of hair. Hair that is too fine which cannot pierce the epidermis as well as curly hairs tend to roll under the skin.
- The type of skin. Hair has more difficulty piercing thick, very dry skin.
- Repeated friction on shaved areas, for example due to tight clothing.
3. How to get rid of ingrown hairs?
First of all, avoid:
- Remove the hair with tweezers
- Touching or scratching the skin with your fingers
- Wear tight clothes
- Cleanse the skin with comedogenic hygiene products (ex: mineral oil, etc.)
Then, apply daily a few drops of the Ingrown Hair Complex BioFemme directly to the ingrown hairs.
This treatment is a powerful concentrate of organic active ingredients that helps:
- remove ingrown hairs
- prevent infection of the hair follicle
- slow down hair regrowth
It is formulated with tea tree essential oil, thyme essential oil, clary sage essential oil, magnolia essential oil, lavender essential oil and tigernut oil.
The Ingrown Hair Complex BioFemme has exceptional properties:
- Disinfectant: it targets the hair follicle to neutralize pathogenic bacteria and thus prevent the risk of infection.
- Anti-inflammatory: to calm local inflammation and reduce redness and discomfort after waxing or associated with ingrown hairs.
- Smoothing: it acts at the level of the hair follicle to prevent its occlusion, slow down hair regrowth and thus prevent the formation of ingrown hairs for smooth and soft skin.
4. How to prevent ingrown hairs?
If you are predisposed to ingrown hairs, follow these steps:
- Before shaving or waxing: perform a gentle body exfoliation with the Bio|Organic Body Exfoliating Bar. It will eliminate dead cells that may clog the pores.
- After shaving or waxing, laser or IPL hair removal: use the Soothing Mask BioFemme to calm irritation as well as to smooth and soften the skin.
- Finish by applying a few drops of Ingrown Hair Complex BioFemme directly to the shaved areas.
- On the following days, continue the daily application of the Ingrown Hair Complex BioFemme on clean skin to prevent the appearance of ingrown hairs, soothe irritation and slow hair regrowth.
And above all: avoid touching or rubbing the shaved areas!
For more information on Nelly De Vuyst products, visit www.nellydevuyst.com