Derme&Co has you covered with the best in winter skin solution with our wide variety of formulas to target and treat dry and sensitive skin condition. From our organic collections in Nelly De Vuyst and Europelab to the Pur&Pure collection in Druide. We have some of the most innovative and effective hypo-allergenic skin care available today.
So many cases of dry and irritated skin can be better managed with a few simple seasonal adjustments to our daily routine. The first step to improving dry skin is to prevent it. With a better understanding of our skin, the hydrolipidic barrier and the microbiome we can easily provide long-lasting results to our clients by following a few simple steps listed below.
Here are 6 preventative steps to protect the essential moisture within your skin from the inside out. These steps will help minimize the transdermal water loss that is common during winter and with fluctuating temperatures.
- Stay hydrated, drink filter water through the day. If you find it difficult to drink cold water during the colder months, herbal teas can be a cozy and comforting way to increase our water intake during winter.
- As we start to turn on our indoor heating, we can start to feel its drying effects. Add a humidifier in your bedroom to add moisture to your environment while you sleep.
- Increase your consumption of oils and/or foods that are rich in essential fatty acids such as evening primrose oil to reinforce your skins moisture barrier and maintain hydration.
- Avoid long hot baths or showers that can alter your skin’s natural hydration barrier.
- Eliminate any cleansers containing Sulfates that can cause dryness, irritation and contact dermatitis.
- Layer your skin care, add nourishing oils under your creams to create and customize the perfect amount of moisture. Oils and extracts impart nourishing protecting and rebalancing benefits to prevent dryness and sensitivity.
Stay tuned for next month when we will look at the difference between the specific needs of dehydrated and alipidic skin types and how Ceramides, Hyaluronic Acid and essential fatty acids are key to banishing winter skin conditions and for keeping your skin healthy and happy all year long.